Saturday 22 October 2011

Thoughts on my professional artefact...

I have had some thoughts on my professional artefact right from the beginning of the inquiry process. I have been quite lucky with my topic in that my artefact seems to be an obvious and fitting choice to show the outcome of my findings. I am investigating into how to make a successful transition into the television industry. During the inquiry process I have gained lots of tips, knowledge of the industry and advice from television professionals and people who have been successful in this area. Taking all this on board, I am in the middle of creating my new television show reel as my professional artefact. Not only will this serve a purpose for this course but will also be useful for me to use after the course in order to develop my career, hopefully into television.

At the campus session last Wednesday all other students, Paula and Adesola seemed to agree that this would be a fitting artefact to show the outcome of my inquiry. Adesola then suggested that I also show my old television show reel in order to compare the two to see just how different they are after gaining so much more knowledge. Hopefully they will be very different and the new one will enable me to have a much higher chance of success due to taking on board everything I have found out. The new tape will also be called a ‘taster tape’ instead of a ‘show reel’ due to the fact that it is showcasing a little bit of me and my personality as opposed to me pretending to be lots of different types of presenters in make believe situations (One of the many things I have learnt so far!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for summaries the session. Keep up the good work
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete